Sunday 27 November 2011

Should we have a gaming BTEC?

This weekend I purchased a fair few games in the Steam Sale alongside other commitments. Settling down to play, I found my first game - Deus Ex HR - crashed on the first level. Repeatedly. At different points. It tooks 30 minutes of tweaking the settings and files and googling irate forums to get it to work.

In a fit of pique, I posted a message on the PC-Gamers forum. The response was particularly interesting. I suggest, by the end, that if we pioneered a gaming BTEC, what would count as a C-grade? You had to be determined to get DOS games to load, or C64 tapes to run. These days, some games are demanding that same dedication. However, what really makes an A* gaming student?



Here is the link to the thread. Bear in mind that, as a public forum, the language might become a little fruity, so I take no responsibility should you decide to view the following link. There are mods, though, so it's for a mainstream audience:

http://www.pcgamer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13871

PS Great homage to James Rolfe there...

0 comments:

 
Design by Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by Free Blogger Templates | Macys Printable Coupons